Monday 16 March 2009

When I look at the stars...

I have been meaning to write this post for a while after looking up at some fantastic clear winter skies at night.
Everytime I look up at a starry sky I am reminded of the Switchfoot song "Stars" in which the following lines appear:

"When I look at the stars I see someone else...when I look at the stars I feel like myself."
But more importantly Psalm 19v1:

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims His handiwork."

For me one of the great things in the creation that points towards an awesome Creator is the sight of a starry sky. Next time there is a clear sky on an evening, and particularly if you are out of the city with all its light pollution, look up and I believe you will join with me in being overwhelmed by the greatness and glory of God. It should keep us humble too, realising just how small we are in this universe, but also amazed at the grace and love of God in saving sinners like us. Let's praise Him when we look around at His beautiful creation.

2 comments:

  1. i ADORE the stars... actually i adore the entire sky.. the sun, moon, clouds, sunsets and sunrises... each a work of art by the master of masterpieces... if im feeling sad he always knows he can cheer me up by painting me a beautiful sky hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this. I think I must have missed it when i read your blog the other day.
    I was with a group of friends on sunday night last week, and we were talking about the very same thing. There is a girl called Michelle who was with us from the church I'm at at the moment, shes and astronomer! and she was just saying the more she studies the sky the more and more she sees Gods glory. We plan to go star gazing some night. I think we should all go over easter... maybe we could see when it will be clear and a few of us could drive a little way out of the city and go watching the sky. Would be good. I was also just reading the same verse the other day.
    Love a Matt! x

    ReplyDelete