Here are 10 things I've learnt about being a Dad in the first 10 days of my daughter's life:
1. The eat, sleep, poo/wee cycle is unstoppable!
2. Although that might make life sound predictable or monotonous, it is far from it! Baby = unpredictability.
3. Don't think you can survive without napping once a day while she is asleep.
4. Be faster at swapping dirty nappy out and replacing with clean nappy. Quick is not good enough, only lightning fast will suffice or chaos will ensue!
5. There is a fiercely protective streak which kicks in automatically.
6. No matter how many times I look at her, she will always be cute and I'll never get sick of saying so.
7. I really can jump into action at 3am and be alert.
8. Hand-washing at least 15 times a day is normal.
9. How helpless I am without God; I might think I control my life at times, but I am utterly out of control when it comes to my daughter.
10. If I care for and love my daughter this much, how much more does God our Father care for and love His children.
Suffice to say it's a learning curve, but a wonderful privilege having a daughter.