Tuesday 17 February 2009

Snow!

The last few weeks have brought more snow than I can remember for a long time. I love the snow, I am a big kid at heart. Snowball fights and sledging are great fun! Something struck me each time I looked out upon the beautiful, clean, white snow recently.

First was from Isaiah ch1v18:
"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;..."

As I looked out on the purity of the snow, how clean and white it was I was reminded of the glorious exhcange that has taken place for those who trust in Jesus for forgiveness. Jesus perfect record is given to me. Though my life is full of sin, though I am dirty in the sight of God as a rebel, God now sees me like the snow I saw around me recently, pure, white, clean, washed, because of the blood of Jesus, and because He lived a life without sin. Awesome! Thanks be to God for His amazing grace towards me a wretched sinner!!!

So next time it snows, remember that verse.

Second, along the same theme, I was reminded of a song by Jon Foreman where he sings "Wash me as white as snow and I will be made whole". Jon Foreman is an excellent singer songwriter from California and has 4 EP's out titled with the names of the seasons. This song is based on Psalm 51, echoing David. Check out his music here. I hope it may be an encouragement to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment